Thursday 25 January 2007

Ashtanga


Ashtanga Yoga

Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga is a form of Hatha (physical) yoga that, like other physical forms, uses postures and breathing techniques as a starting point for attaining a state of 'yoga' or 'union'. Source - Live Better - Ashtanga Yoga by Anton Simmha

I bought a book today. I had a $15.00 Dymocks voucher that I was determined to use and after spending a blissful hour sitting in Dymocks Broadway reading some great books - all of which I wanted to buy - I chose a book. Not only because it was $14.95 (but that was very helpful) but because it is a compact, very simply written book, with clear pictures and descriptions. This is what I need to begin my yoga journey.

2 comments:

CaramelKitKat said...

That reminds me, I have the Christmas freebie too (was that where yours came from??). I should go and get something in the same health vein this arvo.

Mary said...

How fantastic! I haven't come across that book before. Studying yoga will be so beneficial to your practice :-)