Sunday 21 January 2007

Friendship


Friendship


...That my life has been richer, because I have found, the meaning of friendship in you.- .Source - excerpt of a poem author unknown


I think I have mentioned in the past that I come from a background of very few true friends. Oh I had people I could talk to at school, and anytime I was sent away on sporting camps I had a great time and would never lack for someone to talk to. Or more accurately who would listen to me talking LOL. But I never had friends that I could say accepted me for who I was right now. Not caring about past or future or making assumptions or pushing agendas on me. But I do now. And even though we meet more on-line than we do physically I am so glad that I have friends that I can surround myself with. Because they make me feel better about myself.

OK some of them make me realise how much older I am as they gallavant off around the country doing everything they possibly can LOL but they accept me for who I am. Right now. Which is a 38 year old (gee that means I am 40 next year!! - better start planning the party now), Mother of two very active young boys, who has some image issues, but also just wants to have a laugh. I am glad that people can see straight into my heart now because it is when the face gets tired, and the words come out wrong, that it is the heart that reflects the real me.


Thanks to Mary for organising and creating a wonderful BBQ, to Dan for being a very 'manly' cook, to Philippa for allowing herself to be swamped by all these Sydney people that see her as a bit of a celebrity (or is that just me LOL) to Cath & Craig, Sarah & Tom, Jodie & Zoe, for being excellent company, and to Craig and Andy for setting me straight on Obelisk Beach. Sounds wonderful but I think you are right in me giving that a miss for now :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl I am 37 this year! Just think without birthdays we wouldn't be alive and isn't it better to be happy to be alive and make the most out of it.

You are a treasure and I missed your posts (yeah second time I have said it but I missed ya he he he)

Love CM

Mary said...

You old! You kidding!!? Your really not that much older than me so I'm not going to let you get away with that :-P You have more energy and gusto than more people my age and I find you so inspiring. You have been a great friend and I hope we continue to be friends and do crazy shit together. Trapeze is next....are we nuts or what! :-)