Thursday 1 February 2007

Challenge


Challenge

Something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc. Source - dictionary.com




Well it is on again - the Biggest Loser Challenge at Mark's work. BL III. It starts today and lasts for the entire month of February. The rules are as follows.

1) Weigh in. Register your weight on a private website link.

2) Lose weight. Regularly update your weight either by weighing in at home, at a weight loss centre, or on the industrial scales in the office (I'm kind of glad I don't work there!)

3) Do not drink alcohol. If you drink you are no longer eligble for the title of the Biggest Loser. (statistics they provided from the results of the last two years show that those contestants who did not drink lost more than double the weight of those who did)

4) Send in official last weight. The highest percentage weight loss wins.

5) Feel better, healthier, happier.

OK. Seems simple enough. I have registered. I have dusted off and calibrated my scales at home and taken my first reading (81.4kgs - not to be confused with the Chemist weigh in's which are about 3kgs heavier). I will be weighing whenever I feel like it and registering the weight on the website. I don't care that people at Mark's work will have access to this information. I know that access is restricted to two people and that only the percentage lost will be listed in the weekly Newsletter. I need to get back to being more publically accountable as that is a big motivator for me.

How am I going to get a good result this month?

1) I am going to drink more water. 2 - 3 L per day

2) I am going to eat healthy foods within my daily points allowance (which now is 22pts for at least 1.4kgs)

3) I am going to exercise in a manner which encourages weight loss and return of fitness. As well as a bit of toning for good measure. And let's chuck in a spot of trapeze just to make things interesting.

4) I am going to remain positive and do things in a positive manner to reinforce that I am doing a good thing.

I am sick of feeling sick and tired and bloated and lethargic and it is time I stepped up the challenges to myself. I am giving myself a call to battle - though have not yet worked out an appropriate battle cry. I am sure it will come to me LOL.


BLIII - Challenge Stats

Todays DateCurrent Weight Total Loss%
Feb 0181.40.0kgs00.0
Feb 0280.90.5kgs00.6
Feb 0380.90.5kgs00.6
Feb 0480.31.1kgs01.4
Feb 0580.60.8kgs00.9
Feb 0680.60.8kgs00.9
Feb 0780.90.5kgs00.6
Feb 0881.00.4kgs00.5
Feb 1280.31.1kgs01.4
Feb 1380.21.2kgs01.5
Feb 1479.81.6kgs01.9
Mar 0179.61.8kgs02.2

10 comments:

Suzy said...

Hello Dear M! Welcome back to blogging. SO good to have you back.
Good luck with your challenge. xx

P.s. I love your new blog!

Mary said...

I LOVE the idea of your blog...will come back later when I have more time :-)

Great to have you back!

x

Kathryn said...

Good luck with the challenge and I like your new blog.

Jadey said...

I love your new blog and Im so happy to see you back again. Good luck with your challenge hun! I am so upset about missing the trapeze thing. If only it were the weekend before. I might organise a brekky or something ??

Cinders said...

Wow M, didn't realise you were blogging again. I love the new look - good luck. Good to hear Darcy had a good start.

Kellee said...

Hey M. I'm so pleased to see htat you're back again. I figured you'd be back in time - I hope you're feeling a bit better now that some time has passed between your holiday and the present. A couple of things (because I don't have time to comment on each individual post)...

1. Sorry that your holiday didn't go so well. In laws can do that to you. And good on you for only hitting the diet Coke - I know I would have done much worse than that.

2. Yoga - good girl! You'll love it. I will follow your lead and try and do more myself.

3. Go Darcy! You are fantastic mum for getting him to the point where he isn't scared about going off to school. You must be so proud of him. I hope he's enjoying it.

4. You WILL be the BL. I know you can do it.

Good to have you back, and good luck on your restarted journey.

Briony said...

Welcome back sweetheart! I really missed you. I will also come back later to comment more, it's dinner time, but just wanted to say "hi".
Bri

Leighanne said...

Best of luck with your BL challenge:)

Anonymous said...

Hi M!

GREAT to see you back again! I have been checking your blog for AGES now and I was SO happy to see you back again! You have made my day!

I love the motivation and info you are writing about....once again I'm so happy to see you back!

xoxoxo
Michelle

Mary said...

How unreal is your renewed vigour! Cheers to you babe and I reckon you can blitz the boys with this challenge.