Tuesday 13 February 2007

School

School

"Education would be much more effective if its purpose was to ensure that by the time they leave school every boy and girl should know how much they do not know, and be imbued with a lifelong desire to know it" - Sir William Haley

Unlike my little precious who at age 5 and the grand master of being at school for a sum total of 10 days (including today) has decided that he knows everything LOL. School is still going well and every morning he rushes out of bed to get dressed in his uniform and to insist it is time to go "right now!". And then normally it is a quick goodbye and I am off to deliver younger master off to child care. But not this morning. This morning was a leg grabbing, neck strangling, tear-fest of titanic proportions. I am glad to say I made it all the way to the car with the screams still ringing in my ears before I started crying.

And dammit I did my make up this morning because I am going to an Avon '"sales event" tonight. How hilarious. I made sure all my makeup, jewellery, bags etc are all Avon. Just for the giggle. I wonder if I will win a prize??

The only prize I want is cuddles when I get home.

**Edit**

I did win prizes. Whooo Hoooo. Two for being in the top ten sales for a couple of campaigns, and one for reaching a particular milestone for newbies. It's always fun getting stuff. I really wanted the tiara's given to a couple of the other ladies but I suppose that is what I have to aspire to LOL.

And I got loads of cuddles. From about 2.00am through to 6.00am. Loving it. :)

24 comments:

Cinders said...

Aww :( Do you think something happened at school to set him off? Hopefully it's a 'one-off'. Enjoy your night and I'm sure there will be lots of cuddles.

Mary said...

Oh no, poor little thing and poor you! I'm sure you still look fabulous and enjoy tonight :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Linda maybe something happened at school to make him upset. I had that with my oldest when he first started school and found out that a boy was bullying him and now they are best friends (go figure).
Love CM

Kate said...

Awww heartbreaking!
x

Cat said...

poor wee one, they are resilient little creatures though. Hope you get all the cuddles you need :)

The Candid Bandit said...

Oh dear. I agree with the others - did something happen? Sometimes it may be as small as some other kids laughing.

Congratulations at winning your prizes!

*Cuddle* I hope you got lots of them.

Tina said...

It's so hard when our babies are upset at school. I've had my fair share of that. I have a 5 year old as well and he is loving school, thank goodness.

Congratulations on your avon awards. How exciting for you.

Kt said...

I've just stumbled across your new blog - good luck with the biggest looser challenge, sounds like you are doing well so far :)
Hope your little one is a little more settled now!
congrats on your avon awards, must be good to know you are doing really well!

Suzy said...

Oh, it is SO hard when that happens. He was probably quite fine in a couple of minutes and you felt rotten for the rest of the day. Hope things are better next time you leave him.
Our littlest starts kinder next week.

Congrats on winning the awards!

Lee-Anne said...

I hope your wee man has settled down again. It's so hard on us mums.

Wow, you must be one hot Avon lady. Reminds me of Edward Scissorhands. Have a great weekend.

Sarah said...

I hope your little precious is all better at school now. My little half brother started recently as well and he loves every minute of it, to the point where he hates taking his uniform off.
Go the prizes! Always nice to get some recognition. And cuddles!

Jadey said...

Hopefully he's heading back off to school with eagerness again now. Poor thing. I hated school.

Congrats on all the prizes, see you in the morning.

Anne said...

School - such a huge step for them! Oh dear to the cuddles - well the timing of them!

Anonymous said...

thanks for that quote - as a teacher, i thought that it was very inspirational - i might put it up on my wall at school!

TitanThirteen said...

I hope you post an update on your son :o)
Thanks for the link to the biggest loser challenge. It's right up my ally! :o)

Sue said...

You might not believe me, but one day you'll miss the time when you are their entire world...

PersistentGirl said...

Oh M, I miss your posts already, LOL, not that I can talk (miss AWOL herself) ;) Look forward to reading more of your journey when time permits.

Cazzie!!! said...

My 3rd baby began school this year too, a grade prep, same school I went to aswell :)
She started to cry on her 12th day, it was the day she ran all the way into school ahead ofme, ran into the corridor to her locker and turned around to realise she had done it "All by her won self"..ha, independance can also get the better of these little ones ya know.

CaramelKitKat said...

Hiya M, just checking in!

PersistentGirl said...

G'day M, I just sent you an email at the gmail address listed on your old blog. :) I'm not sure if you still check that address but hopefully you will get the email:)
All the best, PG

The Candid Bandit said...

*frown* Everything ok?

Kt said...

hope everything is good in your world!

Mary said...

So where are you sister? It's been about a month and I reckon I should kick your arse ;-) None of the originals really post anymore so I've been sooky...

Sarah said...

Where have you gone, M? Come back, we miss you! :)